For the past 17 years the Golden Mousetrap Awards has acknowledged the American people, companies, and technologies driving innovation in product design and manufacturing. Specifically, we celebrate the renaissance of manufacturing in North America by honoring the companies and people who make it possible while promoting engineering and manufacturing as rewarding career choices for the next generation. And this year is no exception – but time is running out.
There is just over a month remaining to enter the Golden Mousetrap Awards and earn the ultimate bragging rights -- during a live ceremony at Pacific Design & Manufacturing , and throughout the year. Deadline to enter is Nov. 10, 2017 .
We’ve mixed it up a bit this year, adding in some new subcategories and changing others around, so pay attention to the award topics, listed below:
Automation & Motion Control
• Robotics - NEW
• 3D Printing & Rapid Prototyping Materials, Tools & Services – NEW in Automation & Motion Control
• Industrial Network Technologies
• Motors & Mechanical Motion Devices
• Sensors, Vision Systems, Feedback Devices & Peripherals
Design Hardware & Software
• Data & Security - NEW
• Analysis & Calculation Software
• CAD/PDM/PLM Software
Electronics & Test
• IoT & Connectivity - NEW
• Analog/Power Management/Control
• Components, Hardware & Interconnects
• Embedded Computing/Processing
• Test & Measurement
Materials & Assembly
• Fastening, Joining & Assembly Components
• Engineering Plastics & Composites, Metals & Alloys
We're searching for exceptional, cutting-edge products that are ahead of the curve – click here to enter today!
• Exposure in the magazines and on websites of UBM's family of publications, including Design News, Packaging Digest, PlasticsToday , and MD+DI.
• Recognition at the annual awards ceremony at the Anaheim Convention Center, attended by more than 500 elite industry leaders.
• Inclusion in a national campaign promoting the awards, nominees, and winners (press releases, social media buzz, etc.).
• Rights to use and display the special Golden Mousetrap Awards “Finalist” and “Winner” logos on packaging and promotions.
• To be eligible for the Golden Mousetraps Awards , all entered products must be commercially available in the United States - able to be ordered or purchased - between September 1, 2016 and October 1, 2017.
• Only products approved for marketing in the U.S. are eligible.
• Entries are not accepted from sponsoring companies or from jurors, their companies, or those companies' subsidiaries, in the year they act as sponsors or jurors. Any product disqualified may be entered in a subsequent year.
And now for the coolest part – the trophy! The Golden Mousetrap Award is crafted by Society Awards, the world’s most prestigious designer and manufacturer of custom awards. Society Awards has redesigned many of the world’s top creative awards, including The Golden Globes, the Clio Statuette, MTV’s VMA, the Academy of Country Music Award, and the